Wednesday, April 28

How to make a deal out of nothing at all

Sometimes the things you want are just not on sale.

My family and I just went from being vegan to being vegetarian. One of the most important things to me in this process was that the dairy we bought should be organic. I always had an issue processing dairy and the more I learned about it the less I wanted conventionally produced cheese. The problem? Organic cheese is expensive, dude!! Really pricey. So I have had to get clever and work a few things out.

Whole foods frequently offers coupons for organic dairy items. They currently have a printable store coupon for $1/1 Organic Valley cheese. My Publix accepts Whole Foods as a competitor so I know I can pair this coupon up with a manufacturers coupon.

When I want to find manufacturers coupons for organic and natural items I usually hit up my local health food store. They have tearpads laying around everywhere. I'm sure to be considerate of my fellow couponers and only take a couple off each pad. I also pick up a Healthy Clippings magazine and several others which I will post about soon.
So, on my last trip to my local health food store I found loads of Organic Valley cheese coupons for $1/1. Paired with my store coupons I can get organic cheese at Publix for between $1.69-$2.49.
That's a great price!! And I know I'm eating right.

Who wants free cheese if you have to pay for it later??

1 comment:

  1. So what to do if my super doesn't compete that way? Is way to enjoy such savings for me too? I eat lots cheese but the organic too much money for working stiffs. Are there good non-organic products I could be eaten? BTW, I like you links. Post more soon, I'm hoping. Is that your really picture? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete