Thursday, April 29

Stay on Target!!


Target has been a mixed bag of experiences lately.

I used to love shopping at Target before I had my daughter. I used to spend a leisurely sunday browsing the store and leave at least a hundred dollars lighter than when I came in. Lately life doesn't allow for such leisure, so Target trips are mostly utilitarian and I usually know exactly what I need before I go.

So it can be a real wrench in the works when my coupon scenarios don't play out as intended.

The last few times I visited Target I had plans, big plans!
I was going to leave with bags of stuff, having paid little or nothing. Instead my coupons were met with disdain, I struggled with both cashiers and managers, and did not have success. So I went to another location and had absolutely no problems. Know that when coupon shopping at Target it is very much dependent on the management in that store.

That said, Target can be a great place to get things free or cheap.


Their coupon policy can be found here.
Go in knowing what you want and don't get distracted by all the shiny goodness.


Here are some current deals of interest at Target:


Pure & Natural Liquid Handsoap 8.45 oz Rosemary or Oatmeal $3.49
OR
Pure & Natural Body Wash 16 oz Rosemary, Almond or Oatmeal $4.99
-$1/1 Any Pure & Natural Product *printable*
Some of the Pure & Natural products might be found on clearance as well!


Plum Organics Baby or Tots Products
These are new in Target stores, and have BPA-free packaging. They retail for around $1.39 There's a coup for that-$.50/2 *printable*


Tazo Tea Asst. Flavors 22 ct Box $2.50
Not a coupon deal, although I do have a coup I found in a sample pack at my local health food store for $1/1- Yay for cheap Tea! And this is some of my favorite.

Alexia sweet potato fries $1.99
A great deal on ts own or whip out your $1/2 coupon from the 3/21 SS

Seventh Generation Spray $2.69
There is a $1/1 manufacturers *printable*
And a $1/1 Target *printable*
So you would pay $.69!! Great price for a highly preferred cleaning product.


Remember when you are first couponing, never buy anything with a coupon that you wouldn't be willing to pay full price for. I ran into this several times and had a pantry full of food that no ne in the house would eat! Unless the item is entirely free and you can donate it, don't purchase items you don't want. Eventually you will fid ways to make those awesome coupon deals into money-makers towards the other items you want. And of course the goal here isn't just to save money, but also to live better.

I love the idea that I can buy better groceries not spend a cent more than I was before!


Have fun at Target!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Meli --
    First, are you always up this early in the morning, or is your blogger timestamp just off?? ;)
    Secondly, I think the Target link for Seventh Generation products may be broken. But I did some searching myself and found some on this page, hopefully this works: Target link. I found it on the 2nd page of Household products for Coupons.
    Thanks for pointing on some great deals!! Target is a time and money-suck for me too, so going in armed with a list is a great idea. And I've totally used coupons to buy things I wouldn't normally use/eat and it's been a waste as well. Thanks for the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to fix that.
    And, no I'm not usually up that early but I actually was up at 4 this morning... Oh well!

    ReplyDelete