Tuesday, April 27

Welcome!

Hi!
Welcome to Purely Saving.
My intention is to create a blog for those of us who want to eat healthy foods and still live on a budget.


I'm meli. I'm thirty years old and have a 4 year old daughter who is on the Feingold Diet. You can read up on that here or just watch this video.


My husband and I were vegan for the past six years, until a recent health scare made me adapt back to a vegetarian diet. We definitely have plans to stay mostly if not entirely vegan in the near future. For the time being, we are selective vegetarians trying to eat right on a very small budget.

Even if you are not following a special diet, who doesn't want to save money? We've cut back in every area of our lives but food was one thing I did not want to compromise on. My hubby always says "You pay now or you pay later". It's true-- we will either eat well now or suffer the consequences later. But sometimes we just couldn't afford to eat well. That's where couponing came in. I have cut my grocery bill by at least 70% and still managed to eat healthy food.

So, what can you expect to see here?
Deals from national stores like Whole Foods, Target, Walgreens, and CVS. Local deals from Publix, for those of us in the southeast. Ways to use competitor coupons to get the best deal. How to find coupons for organic and natural products. Recipes for ways to use all those yummy healthy things you have stockpiled. A special section on sales/deals for Feingold acceptable items. Deals on environmentally friendly household products. And hopefully a lot more.

So, let me know if you are out there and what it is you need to start living a healthier life.
-meli

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear how you buy so many healthy items for so little - I'm really impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaay! I am super excited to read your blog, and look forward to hearing how you save money!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the answer to my blog hole....?? Ahem, I am really excited to read and have always been put off by coupons because they seemed to be for unhealthy foods and products. Show us the ways!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meli...got the link from Carmen...this is great! I've never minded using coupons but since we don't read the newspaper we decided spending the $$ on a weekend subscription just to get coupons wasn't worth it. I look forward to reading future blogs! Traci Wells

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok Meli, you got my attention. I aspire to be healthy like you. :-)

    ReplyDelete