Sunday, May 2

How to make a not-so-healthy coupon into a healthy coupon...

I noticed this coupon up on coupons.com tonight-

$.60/2 Old El Paso products.

Old El Paso Chopped Peeled Green Chiles 4.5 oz.

So, admittedly, most OEP products are things like taco seasoning probably packed with MSG, taco shells with 54 ingredients and GMO corn. Which doesnt get me off the hook, I'm sure I have eaten these things before and fed them to my family. But there has to be a better, healthier way to use this coupon!

So in my travels to Publix I scoped out the Old El Paso section. The least expensive and probably the healthiest item I could find was diced green chiles. Which I happen to LOVE. They are so yummy! And they are $2/2, so $1.40/2 after the coupon.

 It would have been really easy for me to use this coupon with the BOGO sale that is going on for taco kits, but honestly I would rather make my own tacos using fresh produce and the tortillas of my choosing.

Enjoy your green chiles!!

1 comment: