Sunday, May 9

My CVS Trip 05/09- a Moneymaker


So I stumbled into CVS sleep-deprived and a little slap happy. The oil light was on in my car, I accidentally left the headlights on, I was out of gas.

So I decided the best bet would be to stick exactly to the list, ignoring the part that said "pick a $5 item of your choice". This was to be a free purchase using Extra Care Bucks from last week. I figure if I never use them on things i truly need then what's the point? But I didn't have the brainpower to pick out that item so I will have to make a second trip sometime this week.

I got:

1 box Kotex U Tampons $4.99
used CVS $1/1 coupon
and $1/1 Kotex manufacturers *printable*
Gave me $4.99 in ECBs

1 Schick Hydro Razor $8.99
used $5/1 from 5/9 insert(yup, I tore it out of the paper before buying the peper-- but I did ask!)
Gave me $4 in ECBs

2 Right Guard Deoderants $2.99 each(total $5.98)
used 2 $1.50/1 Right Guard Total Defense *printable*
Gave me $4 in ECBs

1 Crest Pro Whitening Toothpaste $3.50
used $.75/1 from 5/2 P&G insert
Gave me $3.50 in ECBs

2 Tampa Tribunes(the Times had no inserts at all!)

Total before coupons: 25.46 pretax (remember coupons & ECBs can only come off the pretax amount)
used $4/$20 CVS coupon which printed from the kiosk in the store
then handed over all my coups
Total after coups: $10.71
Handed over $8.99 in ECBs from last week.
Remainder $1.72
Used the Gift Card they gave me from a transferred RX to pay the remainder & the tax!

NO out-of-pocket at all!

Actually left with $16.49 in ECBs, only used $9 in ECBs, so $7.49 profit! And I still have that $5 ECB from last week to use. So, I think once I get my head on straight I will go pick up some stuff that's not on sale!

1 comment:

  1. I'm taking mother's day off, I'll be out tomorrow though. M.K.

    ReplyDelete