Monday, May 3

My CVS trips, Sunday May 2

So first thing in the morning yesterday I headed out to CVS to get my newspapers and take advantage of some of the Extra Care deals. If you are new to CVS shopping and Extra Care Bucks, Southern Savers

I started this week with a great advantage-- extra care bucks from last week. Once you get started on the ECB train, it just keeps on rolling! I had $8 worth of ECBs and a coupon for $4 off any $20 purchase which was emailed to me because of my extra care card.

So I essentially had $12 to spend any way I chose! So here's what I did. I bought 6 Sobe Lifewaters (which ended up free as detailed here).
I bought two Vitamin Waters and use the $1/2 from the 4/25 Smart Source.

I bought a pack of Depends... well, I had good reason! I do not have a urinary issue! Every week CVS will over ECB deals on certain items essentially making the item free- this week if you bought the Depends for $6.99 you would get $6.99 in ECBs. And of course I had a $2/1 coup so I paid $4.99 and got $6.99 back. Money maker, if a little embarrassing to purchase.

Moving on, I got 4 newspapers, and I also purchased a "green bag tag". This is a pretty cool incentive program CVS is running to promote customers bringing their own reusable bag. Buy the tag for $.99, then each time you bring your own bags you scan the tag. After 4 visits you earn a $1 ECB.

So I ended up using my $8 in ECBs, my $4 coup and my manufacturers coupons, and paid $4.30. That doesn't exactly sound free, does it? But I earned $8.99 in ECBs and got another $4/$20 coupon with my receipt-- essentially getting $13 to spend at CVS on my next visit!

Did I stop there? Never! I went back to CVS later in the day, after clipping my coupons, and achieved another deal.

Nivea Touch Of Happiness Moisturizing Body Wash, Orange Blossom, 16.9-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 3)
Nivea Body Washes are on sale for $4.88, and the promotion is that if you spend $15 on Nivea you get a $5 ECB. Well, amazingly the 5/2 paper had a coupon for $4/1 Nivea Body Wash. So, I went and got 4 body washes(to give as gifts-- I am thinking about my daughters teachers at school), 2 more Lifewaters, and a KIND bar. I used the 4 $4/1 coupons, the BOGO for the Sobe, and the $4/20 CVS coupon. My total before tax was $.02!!! And I earned another $5 in ECBs!

Success!!

I love sundays.

2 comments:

  1. Meli- you sound like me!! i have 5 tubes of poligrip from a few months ago when walgreens had them for $2, get $2 back, and i had several $1.50 off 1 coupons!! for each tube i made $1.50!! and i didnt have to use it at walgreens (i dislike walgreens a lot!!) i took them to publix to make my organic chicken not so expensive!! my sister thinks i have a problem though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I hear ya, my sis thinks I have a problem too! I have to get into using the RRs at Publix, what a great thing!!

    ReplyDelete